Thursday, March 23, 2006

Meat Loaf

Screw gourmet food. I've been sick for about two weeks now and I've been more focused on "survival" then properly reducing a nice deglazed sauce. Please forgive me for not posting such delights as "ham sandwich" and "can of Campbell's tomato soup that tasted like metal" and who can forget "turkey soup that I was too congested to actually taste".

Anyway, I'm starting to get over it, and today I put together something I've not made in a few years. Meat loaf. Sure, it's not worth showing off, but it tastes good and somebody out there may want to try this version of it.

12 soda crackers
1 slice bread

2 lbs lean ground beef

1 egg
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil
2 tsp parsley flakes
2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp mild bbq sauce
1 onion, diced finely

Preheat oven to 350 C

Run the soda crackers and bread through a food processor.

Combine all other ingrediants in a large bowl and combine well with your hands.

Press firmly into two loaf pans and bake for 1 hour. If you wish, combine ketchup and brown sugar and brush over the top 15 minutes before they're done.

No comments: