Monday, November 14, 2005

Balsamic Vinaigrette

Eating light tonight, after the weekend food-fest. I make this light salad dressing all the time, and we never seem to get tired of it.

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. majoram (or a dash of oregano)
1/2 tsp. parsley
1/4 cup honey (or white sugar)
ground black pepper to taste


Kraft recently put out a bottled version of this, and I thought I should try it. It's beyond horrible. I really have no idea how it escaped the layers of taste testing that a big food company has.

On another topig, last night I made a really good curry sauce to pour over some roasted chicken pieces and rice, but I basically made it up on the spot and didn't record anything. I was dumb. Hopefully I can re-create on my next go, and I'll post it.

No comments: