Saturday, December 10, 2005

Marshmellow Holiday Squares

My first guest star. Presenting...my wife.

I decided tonight to create a new holiday tradition for our little family. I have fond memories of Christamas baking with my Mom and Dad. Making the shortbread, gingerbread, Hello Dolly's, Pecan Puffs, my dad making his rum truffles...I wanted to start making these memories for/with Ryan. I read a couple recipes on the internet and created this. Ryan should be old enough to help me make it again next year. Happy Holidays and enjoy! Karen.

Marshmellow Holiday Squares

5 cups mini-marshmallows
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup flaked coconut
12 oz bitter sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 peanut butter

Score bar bits

Using a double boiler...or a metal mixing bowl overtop of a pot of boiling water...melt the butter and peanut butter together then add the chips, mixing until smooth.

Take the mixing bowl off of the heat and add the walnuts, coconut and marshmallows. mix thoroughly until everything is well coated.

Pour the entire contents into a buttered glass casserole dish, smoothing until even.

Sprinkle the Score bar bits onto the top.

Refridgerate for an hour before serving. Keep refridgerated.

No comments: