If you don't like these, then I'm sorry, but we can't be friends anymore. Potato, cheese, bacon, butter, salt...everything that is good in the world is right here. These are a fantastic side dish to ribs, grilled chicken, or even a big salad. Not so much with steak or anything heavy, as the potatoes are nearly a main meal themselves, they're filling.
4 large baking potatoes
8 slices bacon
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar
8 green onions, sliced, divided
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
4. When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins. To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
5. Bake for another 15 minutes.